Mother Bear CAN families are dedicated to supporting each other through recovery education, family-led support communities, and access to recovery resources that enable all family members to thrive—emotionally, physically and socially.
We are uniting families to create a new mental health paradigm in which the whole family is supported, recovery is expected, hope is encouraged, the role of medication is carefully considered, and family and community are an important part of the healing process.
We envision a world in which families can and do recover from emotional challenges and trauma and go on to lead healthy, meaningful and empowered lives.
Our Mother Bear CAN families embrace the following recovery values:
• Recovery is not only possible; it is expected.
• Emotional distress has many causes and many possible solutions.
• All family members deserve support and education for their own emotional distress.
• Individual and family empowerment are essential for recovery.
• Families, with honest education and support, can play a powerful role in recovery.
• The role and decision to use medication should be carefully considered including documented studies of risks.
• Recovery is a universal human experience that requires patience, hope and encouragement.